We frequently hear the question: “Can you do my wedding programs?”
The short answer is yes. But that’s not all.
We can help you with
- save the date cards or magnets
- invitations and RSVP cards
- table place cards
- thank you scroll favors
- toasting glasses
- and a host of other accessories
Do remember that weddings take time and planning. Some of the items we offer are not produced in-house, so they take up to three weeks to receive after the order goes in.
If we are creating your save the date cards or magnets in house (which is the usual way), we can have them ready for you generally within a week of final approval of proof.
The same is true of invitations and RSVP cards.
As for programs, we generally set these up in advance, but we delay printing until the week of the wedding – in case the best man breaks a leg and cannot attend. Or Grandma Smith becomes the late Grandma Smith. We don’t generally have that kind of emergency – but it has happened.
So here’s a timeline for working with your print shop:
- Six or more months in advance, create and mail save the date cards or magnets.
- Four or more months in advance, finalize wedding invitations and RSVP cards. One of the services we offer is a mail merge, where we print your guests’ addresses (as well as your return address) on the invitation envelope. We have some lovely type faces from which to choose.
- Four or more months in advance is also the time to think about thank you scrolls, table place cards (these are to be designed early and printed with names after RSVPs have been finalized – probably at the same time we print programs), and other paper favors (like bookmarks, for instance). This is also the time to finalize plans for any other accessories you might want (toasting flutes, serving sets, garters, etc.).
- Three months in advance, you will want to get rehearsal dinner invitations, menu cards, and a rough draft of your program.
- Two months in advance, you will be mailing your invitations.
- The week before the wedding, we will finalize and print your programs and table place cards.
Remember when planning things, the earlier things are done, the easier the last minute will be for the planner.
At DuMond Printing, we very aware of the demands of the occasion. Our motto is to make your paper goods and accessories as nearly perfect as possible.
214 West Commercial
Lyons, KS 67554