Many businesses feel that they cannot operate effectively without an online presence.
DuMond Printing recently (more or less) jumped into that arena.
For the last couple of years, we have had a Facebook presence and a weekly blog.
But as with any new undertaking, there has been a learning curve.
The internet has a vast array of possible contact processes, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, and the list goes on – with new ones popping up frequently.
Some people jump in enthusiastically, sign on to a number of sites, get bogged down, and throw up their hands in despair. Others start with a single site and get discouraged if they don’t have immediate results.
If you are going to enter the social media sites for your business, you need to know that persistence and consistence are the watchwords.
- When we first started on Facebook, no one knew we were there.
- The key here is to ask your friends to like your business page so they are notified when you post there.
- Then ask them to share to their timelines.
- Eventually the word gets out.
- Decide on a schedule for posting, whether it’s once a week, twice a week, or daily. It’s better to start off with less frequently and move to more frequent posts.
- Maintain that schedule religiously.
- Once you’ve established a schedule, do not deviate without giving your readers notice.
We hope these tips will help you make the decision whether to add a social media presence to your business or not.
Remember, at DuMond Printing, business is personal.
214 West Commercial
Lyons, KS 67554